Sunday 29 April 2012

Bi Bim Bap

Several times now I have eaten at Bi Bim Bap and it is time for me to share it with the world (although based on my most recent visit, it appears the word is out). Bi Bim Bap is a Korean dish served in a hot stone bowl. It consists of rice and various toppings. At Bi Bim Bap, the restaurant on Eglinton West, you choose your rice (white or brown), your topping (yes, there’s tofu) and your sauce. Then it is cooked up and served in a stone bowl that remains very hot throughout the entire meal. The sauce is served in a small bowl on the side, which you must mix into the bowl. The quantity of sauce provided is quite small, so throughout the meal I often request different sauces, such as apple, sesame bean, and soy garlic, for no extra charge.
There is meat on the menu, so it is a great place to go with people are not vegetarian. It’s also great for those who are gluten-intolerant as the meals are all based around rice.
The service is great, and the staff never rush you with the bill (in fact, we always have to ask for it).
  
I have never made reservations, but on my most recent Friday dinner I did have to wait about 20 minutes, so I recommend making reservations if you are going on a Friday or Saturday night at prime dinner time. But if they’re too busy, you can always walk across the street to Loving Hut!

No comments:

Post a Comment