Saturday 7 April 2012

Organic Oven

Over the last couple of years, gluten-free menu items have been popping up all over the place. But for people who are extremely sensitive, the risk of cross-contamination means that even gluten-free items might not be safe to eat. Enter: Organic Oven. Organic Oven is an entirely gluten-free bakery and cafe, with tons of vegan items. I went there for breakfast for the first time on Good Friday and was overwhelmed by the options. I settled on a vegan berry muffin and soy berry smoothie; my husband had a chicken sandwich. I admit the muffin had a distinctively gluten-free taste, but if I were gluten-intolerant or celiac and also vegan I would be thrilled that there is safe place to find both vegan and gluten-free items. Organic Oven sells beautiful looking cakes, some that are gluten-free and some that are both gluten-free and vegan. They also sell some gluten-free grocery items. There are about 5 or 6 small tables in the cafe at the Yonge and Lawrence location. We followed breakfast by a walk around Alexander Muir Memorial Gardens, which made for a beautiful morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment