Monday 9 April 2012

One Restaurant (Yorkville)

I love to share and recognize restaurants that are accomodating of vegetarians, vegans and others with various dietary restrictions. My most recent discovery is One Restaurant, a Mark McEwan restaurant on Yorkville Avenue. Yes, it's beautiful and has great service, but what really impressed me was its vegan-friendliness. Vegans generally have a difficult time with fine dining, but One was amazingly accomodating. For starters, there were several vegan (or veganizable) options on the breakfast menu. I had a generous serving of oatmeal, raisins and brown sugar. More importantly, however, was the fact that they had soymilk. I usually have pretty good "soydar" but One was so off my radar I didn't even think to ask about soymilk, until of my colleagues kindly piped up on my behalf. I also have to share that One has gluten-free bread. In addition, they informed us that if you call ahead they can accomodate all kinds of requests. So kudos to One Restaurant!

No comments:

Post a Comment