Wednesday 4 April 2012

Vegan Protein Powder

Although there are tons of vegan brands available in Toronto, I've struggled with finding a good vegan protein powder.  I used to enjoy Hemp Shake by Nutiva but haven't seen it around for a while, and I'm hesitant to spend 30 bucks on a powder that might not be very good. Well, I was recently in Chicago and decided to check out Trader Joe's and see if they had any protein powder and sure enough they did - and it's great! It's called Trader Joe's Organic Hemp Protein Powder (chocolate flavored dietary supplement). It blends well and does not leave chalky powder on the side of the blender. I also love how it's so simple -- the only ingredients are organic hemp protein powder, organic palm sugar and cocoa powder. And although it is only sold in the US (as far as I'm aware), it is a product of Canada!

1 comment: